Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”), including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Agreement with DCSG or any of its subsidiaries, including, without limitation, DCSG 7000 AMK PTE. LTD. On Demand (collectively, “DCSG”). Please read this Policy carefully. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this Policy document, DCSG may exercise a variety of legal remedies, including, but not limited to, the suspension or termination of your network access and/or account with DCSG.
This Policy is designed to help protect DCSG, DCSG’s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible and/or illegal activities. This Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by DCSG and DCSG reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time, provided that DCSG provides its customers with at least seven (7) days prior written notice. DCSG reserves the sole and absolute right to interpret, apply, define and implement this Policy.
Prohibited Uses of DCSG systems and services, include the following:
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation. This prohibition includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE” or “spam”). The sending of any form of UBE through DCSG’s systems is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, landing page, email address or utilizing any DCSG’s resources, is prohibited. DCSG’s accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to messages sent from, another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or the policy or terms of service of another provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by DCSG customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this Policy or the policy of any other Internet Service Provider. This prohibition, includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send UBE, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing and denial of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling a service to persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org or accessing networks that appear on commonly used blacklisted networks including, but not limited to, Don’t Route or Peer (“DROP”) list at www.spamhaus.org. DCSG reserves the right to restrict or deny access to all such networks.
6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “hacking” and/or “cracking”).
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with the intent to avoid or reduce payment.
8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any DCSG customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engaging in any activities designed to harass, harm or cause damage to DCSG or a third-party, including, but not limited to, denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence) attacks directed at any other user, whether on the DCSG network or on another provider’s network.
10. Using DCSG’s Services to interfere with the use of DCSG’s network by other customers or authorized users.
CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY FOR CUSTOMER’S USERS
Each DCSG customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from DCSG, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an DCSG customer will be forwarded to the DCSG customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of this Policy occur, DCSG reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating this Policy as DCSG deems appropriate, with or without notice.